Get the Facts
This ROTW Certified Statistic is based on the following research:
- Lifeway Research, Lebanon, TN
God’s Plan for Sharing, 2008
Unchurched Americans Survey, 2007
The Younger Unchurched, 2007-08
80% Average of the three surveys
Every people group throughout history and every person today has been convicted of their sinfulness by God’s Holy Spirit. Whether or not they are conscious of it, their heart yearns for God’s message of salvation . . . through a messenger.
- Matthew 22:37-39 (NIV) - Jesus replied: “ ‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ ”
- John 6:44 (NLT) - For no one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws them to me.
- John 12:32 (ESV) - And I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all people to myself.
- John 16:5-11 (NIV) - But now I am going to him who sent me. None of you asks me, ‘Where are you going?’ Rather, you are filled with grief because I have said these things. But very truly I tell you, it is for your good that I am going away. Unless I go away, the Advocate will not come to you; but if I go, I will send him to you. When he comes, he will prove the world to be in the wrong about sin and righteousness and judgment: about sin, because people do not believe in me; about righteousness, because I am going to the Father, where you can see me no longer; and about judgment, because the prince of this world now stands condemned.
- Romans 10:14 (NLT) - But how can they call on him to save them unless they believe in him? And how can they believe in him if they have never heard about him? And how can they hear about him unless someone tells them?