Get the Facts
71% of the unchurched say they are likely to accept a personal invitation from a family member, friend or neighbor to attend church.
This ROTW Certified Statistic is based on the following research:
- Lifeway Research, Lebanon, TN
Sharing Christ Survey, 2011 (60)
Americans Openness to Outreach, 2008 (65)
1,402 Adults, 2007 (78)
Formerly Churched Adults, 2006 (66)
67% Average of the four surveys
- 82% Thom Ranier; The UnChurched Next Door, 2003
- 63% George Barna; Grow Your Church From the Outside In, 2002
We have not because we ask not! We have no church visitors because we have not asked (invited) them!
- John 4:35 (NIV) - Don’t you have a saying, ‘It’s still four months until harvest’? I tell you, open your eyes and look at the fields! They are ripe for harvest.
- Romans 10:14 (NLT) - But how can they call on him to save them unless they believe in him? And how can they believe in him if they have never heard about him? And how can they hear about him unless someone tells them?
- James 5: 19-20 (NLT) - My dear brothers and sisters, if someone among you wanders away from the truth and is brought back, you can be sure that whoever brings the sinner back will save that person from death and bring about the forgiveness of many sins.