Get the Facts
56% of churchgoers hardly ever read their Bible.
This ROTW Certified Statistic is based on the following research:
- 58% The Institute for Studies of Religion, Baylor University; Baylor Religion Survey 2007
- 51% Pew Forum on Religion & Public Life, Washington, DC; U.S. Religious Landscape Survey 2007
- 50% Pew Forum on Religion & Public Life, Washington, DC; Religious Knowledge Study, 2010
- 65% National Opinion Research Center, University of Chicago; General Social Surveys 1972-2008
It’s impossible to know God without knowing His Word.
- John 1:1 (NIV) - In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
- John 15:7 (NLT) - If you abide in me, and my words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you.
- 2 Timothy 3:16 (NLT) - All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful to teach us what is true and to make us realize what is wrong in our lives. It corrects us when we are wrong and teaches us to do what is right.
- Romans 15:4 (NLT) - Such things were written in the Scriptures long ago to teach us. And the Scriptures give us hope and encouragement as we wait patiently for God’s promises to be fulfilled.
- Psalm 119:105 (NASB) - Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.
- Jeremiah 15:16 (NLT) - When I discovered your words, I devoured them. They are my joy and my heart’s delight, for I bear your name, O Lord God of Heaven’s Armies.